Choose a Canadian Diamond Ring Designer

Gratuit
Recevez toutes nos informations et actualités par Email.

Entrez votre adresse email:

canadian diamond ring

For Jewellery as Unique as You Are

Now more than ever, both men and women are looking for jewellery that is unique and speaks to their personalities. More and more people are turning to jewellery designers to help them create the perfect custom piece. In Montreal, luxury jewellery is available in a range of boutiques, but where do you go to find a designer willing to work with you and produce your own personalized creation? And how can you be sure you’re getting a conflict-free diamond?

St-Onge Jeweller, with their workshop-boutique situated in downtown Montreal, offers a personalized creation service where they are happy to work with you to develop a truly unique design that accurately reflects your taste and style. What’s more, as a testimony to ethical practices, St-Onge uses only certified Canadian diamonds in their jewellery.

What is a Canadian Diamond?

Strictly speaking, a Canadian diamond is one that is extracted from a mine located within Canada. According to Natural Resources Canada, the Canadian government played a leadership role within the United Nations in the creation of the Kimberley Process, an international system of certification ensuring that rough diamonds arrive on the market from conflict free sources and through legitimate channels. What’s more, Canada wanted to ensure that diamonds were extracted from Canadian mines according to ethical environmental practices, using stringent grading standards, and under equitable working conditions.

Why buy from a Canadian diamond ring designer?

Purchasing a St-Onge Canadian diamond creation means that your diamond will be selected according to the strictest criteria of cut and clarity, a fact that ensures your custom piece will shine with the utmost brilliance. Your St-Onge designer diamond ring comes with its own certificate of authenticity, including a detailed description of the stone as well as its origin, its weight at extraction, and its weight after polishing.

Tips on how to create the perfect custom design

Don’t get stressed. Design is an evolutionary process and an expert will be there at every step to help you along the way.

Look for inspiration. Research, research, research. You can find inspiration on Pinterest, where you can build a board of your favorite pieces. Another way to find inspiration is to browse jewellery sites. The more images you bring to your design appointments to illustrate your ideas, the easier it will be for the ring designer to comprehend your needs.

Try on different diamond ring styles. Browsing through images is helpful, but you can’t know for sure if you like a style until you’ve tried it on. It may be something you like in a picture, but it could look completely different on your hand.

Know your gemstones. At St-Onge Jeweller, personalized service means that they are happy to educate you on cut, color, clarity, and carat, the 4 C’s of diamonds.

Know your metals. Many jewellery designers still use nickel in their white gold pieces, but more than 12% of people are allergic to nickel. What’s more, nickel is highly susceptible to oxidation, which causes the gold to tarnish rapidly. St-Onge Jeweller has chosen to only use palladium as an alloy for their white gold, which makes their pieces hypoallergenic and resistant to tarnish. 18 carat gold contains 75% gold, with the other 25% consisting of more durable metal alloys to add color and strength. White gold is created with white metal alloys and rose gold is created with the addition of copper.

Committed to quality for more than 35 years, St-Onge Jeweller creates unique designs and offers unparalleled personalized service. If you’re looking for luxury designer jewellery in Montreal, contact St-Onge Jeweller today to learn more or to arrange an appointment.

  • »
  • »
  • »
  • »
  • »
  • »
  • »
  • »
  • »
  • »
  • »
  • »
  • »
  • »
  • »
  • »
  • »
  • »
  • »
  • »
  • »
  • »
  • »